FLYING HIGH PET RESORT
CAMARILLO'S LARGEST INDOOR DOGGIE DAYCARE
Dog & Cat Boarding - TrainingStudio - Petropolis Express Grooming & Shop
All dogs must be social and have current vaccinations. All dogs must be spayed or neutered. (We do except puppies under 6 months.) Owner must fill out an online application. Staff will call you to set up a time and date for an evaluation. All dogs must pass eval to attend daycare & boarding.
Due to our Insurance policy we are restricted from a few dog breeds. Please read our Owners Agreement for details.
I highly recommend Flying High Pet Resort. We have a 2 year old Morkie, Chewie, who attends the daycare twice a week and when he comes home, he's one tired puppy. Not only does he play with all of his friends but he plays with the staff. I love that the employees are there in more than just a supervisory role; they actively play with the dogs. I feel completely safe with my dog (i.e. my baby) there. The staff seem to love him like he was their own.
The following are a list of reasons why we do not want to take Chewie to any other day care or grooming facility. We have tried other day cares and grooming facilities. As this is not a review of their business, they will be referred to by aliases in this list.
1. Personal attention - All dogs at Flying High are closely supervised with a good dog-to-staff member ratio. The staff members play and interact with Chewie all day. At 'Day Care X', the employees appear to take a much more supervisory role, so the animals miss out on the love and important socialization that comes with close human contact.
2. Grooming - Flying High has an excellent grooming service. Chewie's trims are significantly better than the ones that he used to receive at Grooming Facility X. In addition, we feel much safer with him at the Flying High facility. The experienced groomers know his personality and know exactly how much grooming he can handle before he needs a break for some play time. There have been numerous stories in the news of dogs being injured, going missing, or even dying as a result of inattentive groomers. We trust the Flying High groomers and absolutely do not want to try to find someone else.
3. Not Just Another Dog - Flying High is very customer driven, with all of the staff taking the time to meet all customer needs. Our Chewie is not just another 'number' at Flying High. The day care staff knows his personality and his desire for as much human interaction as possible.
4. Pricing - Flying High provides economical day care and grooming within our budget.
5. Chewie Plays with Dogs of All Sizes - Flying High proves that dogs of all sizes can get along. They temperament test all of their dogs to make sure that they can handle being around dogs of different sizes prior to putting them all together. Chewie thrives while playing with bigger dogs, and vice versa. Outside of Flying High, dogs are constantly encountering dogs that are different from them. Introducing them to variety in a safe, controlled, and always closely supervised environment has led to his being better adjusted. He's not scared of other dogs when walking around our neighborhood, no matter the size of the dog.
All cats must be social with people and have current vaccinations. Owner must fill out an online Cat Application. Cat Application is on page cat boarding. We have 1 large cat suite. Please call first to make sure we have available dates. (805)445-9099
Flying High Pet Resort is a wonderful family owned business that our community is lucky to have. It's hard to find a place that you can trust with your furry family members and I recommend Flying High Pet Resort exclusively for doggie day care needs. Many pet owners are not able to provide enough exercise and mental stimulation for high energy dogs, so a reputable day care center like Flying High can make all the difference for both dogs and families. Each dog is carefully screened for compatibility and placed in a proper day care group where they are closely watched all day via the staff who sincerely take pride in their work. The owner and staff care for every single animal brought to them as if they were their own. Not only do they take excellent care of their daycare and grooming clients, they really care about our community and contributing to positive pet causes locally. Dawn Lopez and her team are the first to help out and spread the word when a dog goes missing in and around Camarillo and they regularly step up to help shelter animals with fund raising and supply drives too. I prefer a company like this who actually "walks the walk" of caring for pets whether they are clients or not. Check it out and see for yourself, they will be happy to show you what superior pet care looks like.
We love Flying High Pet Resort.
2 years ago our rescue dog, a lab/ golden retriever named Backie, started having anxiety problems that went from manageable to bad. We took her to the vet who suggested we medicate her. We decided to research alternate options. After taking obedience classes and only seeing a small improvement we decided to see if doggy day care would help. That is when we found Flying High Pet Resort.
Backie's first day was difficult as she easily scaled a 5 foot fence. Over the next couple of months the owner, Dawn Lopez, worked with Backie daily to make her feel comfortable and secure. Now when we take her to daycare she walks right in and waits to be let into the back with the other dogs.
March of this year, when I was 7 months pregnant, I was involved in a car accident where we lost Backie for 6 days. Dawn Lopez and her great staff stepped up, searched for her everyday, checked the shelter, hung flyers, arranged search parties, and so much more. Flying High Pet Resort became to headquarters in the search for Backie. Knowing that the loving people at Flying High was searching and that they were doing everything they could gave me the peace of mind so I could rest & recover.
They did not have to do any of this. They had their own lives, families, and a small business to run yet they took the time to lead the search for my lost pup.
Flying High Pet Resort has made Backie a better dog. Socializing with other dogs and having company instead of being home alone has helped to quell some of her anxiety. Flying High Pet Resort is essential to Camarillo. We know when we drop Backie off that she will be loved and taken care of. We also don't have to wonder what mess we will find when we come home.
Without Dawn & Flying High Pet Resort we don't know where we would be today.
Words from our Customers about FHPR
Monday - Friday 7am-6:30 Pm
Saturday-Sunday 9am- 4:00Pm
Holidays 9am - 4:00 Pm
We guarantee a well connected
experience while you’re away. If anything happens, we’ll take care of your pet immediately.
Our mission is simple: To love and care for each and every animal just like we would want someone to take care of our own. You and your Pet are family.
Flying High Pet Resort was built in 2008 to meet the needs and desires of dog and cat Owners in our Community. We offer Dog and Cat Boarding services, Doggie Daycare, and relaxing Professional Spa Baths in a resort-like atmosphere.We also have a Training Studio to help you with all your doggie dilemmas.
Our professional staff is here to cater to all Dogs and Cats that walk through our doors.
If you’re anything like us, you have an incredible connection with your dogs and cats.When you’re out of town or working hard you want to make sure they’re with someone who will love them just as much as you do. That’s why we started Flying High Pet Resort, to give you peace of mind while you’re on extended trips or away for the day from Fido and Fluffy. So, leave them in good hands and enjoy yourself.
When you can't be home with them .......
Largest Doggie Daycare
Dog and Cat Boarding
Petropolis Express Shop